Thursday, June 25, 2009

1 More Day in Dar!

We made it to Tanzania just fine. Of course my luggage didn't show up until a day later, but its a good thing I brought extra clothes. On the way here, Bryna and I were able to get out in London and explored Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and the Palace. I guess the Queen was out because she didn't ask us in for tea...maybe next time!

We are staying in a hotel near the University of Dar es Salaam. It's very nice, has air conditioning in the form of a fan and even continental breakfast- bread and jam, eggs and watermellon. We leave the city on Saturday to travel to Arusha where we will spend the rest of our time. I hope to write more soon!

1 comment:

  1. Cara,
    We are soooooo glad you made it safe to Africa. Take it all in. Enjoy! Be Safe! Keep us up-dated. Love, Mom, Dad and Phil
    PS Rebekka called (so we know you arrived) and we read Phil's face book 6-25-09.

    ReplyDelete